this is the cutest thing ever and I can’t handle it
Via Stuck in the Middle with You
If you like this list of life hacks, follow ListOfLifeHacks for more like it!
The CD collar thing I like!
Via Stuck in the Middle with You
There’s a dog at work today who is a real life deviantart oc. He’s a border collie with long blonde 90s surfer dude bangs and it’s the most amazing thing I’ve seen since I started this job.
Nature is a wonder.
I was being 100% serious.
These may look like party balloons but they are actually rainbow grapes. These grapes aren’t a rare species, they are created during Véraison (when grapes turn from green to purple as they ripen).
Image: BizarBin/Worth1000/Sesan Olasupo/Laritech Garden Seeds Branch Company
The flat of Oleg Mitasov, a mentally ill man from Kharkov, Ukraine. He died in 1999.
Oleg Mitasov was an educated man, a Master of economics. The rumor is that his illness developed after he had left the manuscript of his PhD thesis behind in a streetcar, thus never becoming a PhD.
Mitasov covered all his flat and furniture in creepy inscriptions. Some of them are legible, some are just a set of letters. “Mitasov” and “VAK” (ВАК, the State Commission for Academic Degrees and Titles, where he was supposed to bring his manuscript) are common words he wrote.
"You have never been the soil, and you never can be"
When he ran out of space to write, he started new layers.
After his and his mother’s death the flat was sold. They say it’s been renovated and there’s an office there now.
Chris Pratt Interrupts Interview To French Braid Intern’s Hair
SHUT THE HELL U P
this man has gone too far
Via as fire loves innocence
How to use Duos, Trios, Quads, Quintets???! (A few basic shapes that work with all eye shapes)
The first thing I always tell people when it comes to eye shadow application is - find your socket line. And learn to separate that from your crease.
There is a myth about applying shadows “on/within your crease”. Well that’s fine if you have very defined, even, thick lid folds. But if you have hooded eyes, mono-lids, or smaller lids where the crease is either not visible or not high enough, many eye-shadow looks can be very unflattering or they simply disappear when you open your eyes.
What to do? Simply replace the word “crease” with “socket line” from today on. If you have mono-lids and hooded lids, it’s important to blend your shadows UP TO your socket line at least. That not only defines your natural contours but also widens the eye.
- Your socket line is where your eyeball dips into your orbital bone. Close your eyes and feel for it.
- Flattering eyeshadow looks are all about "creating shadow and light" in the right places. Even if your eye contours aren’t very defined naturally, placing a bit of deeper color along your socket line and a pale shade in the center of your lid will create the illusion of more pronounced contours without making you look too dramatic.
- I DON’T recommend creating a fake socket line higher or lower than your natural one. It can go very very wrong unless you’re an absolute pro.
- Many times we use brushes that are way too big or fluffy. If you have small lids or eyes, a smaller, round-ferrule pencil brush like the one from 13rushes can make life a lot easier. Go for the flatter, wider brushes if you have a bigger lid space to work with.
Now that we’ve got that covered, you can get back to the question of “what the heck do I do with this palette that has 2-3-4-5 shades?!” and look at the images above as a reference for where colors go.
Don’t be restricted by the image with the 4 shadow palettes and the labels on each of the shades. It’s there as a reference but the best thing is to look at the eye charts, because you can use any 2 shades in a quad or a 5-color palette as a duo using a DUO diagram.
Steps don’t include liner (optional) and mascara, so you just add them later.
THESE ARE NOT RULES. They’re just basic guidelines for those who aren’t too familiar with eye makeup yet.
Lastly, when looking for eyeshadow palettes, here are some beginners’ tips:
- My palette has one cream/liner/glitter shade! Well, take those out of the equation and see how many regular shadows are left. If there are 3, shadows left, follow the TRIO diagram. If there are 2, follow the DUO diagrams.
- Erm, so what do I do with base/liner/glitter shades? Apply the base all over from lash line to socket bone before you begin (you don’t need to go all the way to your brows unless you want a dramatic look). For glitter shades, you can apply them as a wash all over when you’re done with the rest of your eyeshadows, or down the center of the eye for a “wet look” when you blink. Liner shades are self explanatory!
- DUOS: look for those where 1 shade is the same lightness or lighter than your skin color, and 1 shade is darker/smokier. Doesn’t matter if they are metallic, shimmery, matte, sparkly. For most basic daily makeup looks, you just need a light and dark to define your eyes.
- All palettes: make sure there is a "balance of light to dark shades". This means at least 1 softer shade and at least 1 dark shade that is deep enough to act as a definer shade. (There are a lot of palettes where all 3-4 shades are pretty shimmery pastels. Well, sorry but they’ll look nicer on your vanity table than on your face. You need a darker shade there for definition and contouring in order for the palette to look flattering.
- QUADS: What do you do if there are 2 pale shades? Which should you apply on your brow bone, and which as an accent in the center of your eye? The less shimmery/sparkly one on the brow bone, and the more dramatic and reflective one on the center of the eye. If they’re about the same texture, then it doesn’t matter which you use where.
- 5-6 SHADE PALETTES: Many people find them overwhelming, but you really don’t need to wear all the colors everyday. You can pick 2-3 shades and wear them as a duo or trio (See diagrams) easily. So they actually give you the most options!
Some Idiot-proof Eyeshadow recommendations:
Duos: Laura Mercier eyeshadow duos. Always well coordinated, with 1 soft/matte shade and 1 darker, richer one. Takes the guess-work out of eyeshadow application.
Trios: A lot of drugstore brands like Wet n Wild Color Icon have pre-coordinated trios with the shades marked out as lid, crease, browbone for you. Just remember “crease” = socket line. In the higher end range, Dior’s 3 Couleurs are beautifully coordinated and easy to use and blend.
Quads: Tom Fords and Chanels have some of the easier to use luxe quads in the market, but if you’re going for the Tom Fords, remember to minus out the sparkle shades. (E.g. 01 Golden Mink is what I’d consider a duo, not a quad, because there are 2 sparkle shades out of the 4, and I’d apply the 2 satin shades using one of the DUO diagrams above, and then decide how I want to apply the sparkles.)
**Laneige Pure Radiant eyeshadow quads (S$40) are a fantastic alternative - not dupes cos there are no exact palette matches, but great alternatives - for Tom Fords (S$100) because the satins and glitter textures, as well as a few of the shades, are actually very very similar. If you love the look of TFs but find the prices a little steep in Asia, take a look at the Laneige counter! See for yourself!
Quintets: Lancome’s Hypnose palettes are still one of my favorites. They usually have the BEST balance of dark and light shades, and they’re perfectly coordinated with each other, so you can pick any 2-3 shades out of the 5 and go.
**Diors are a good option if you have more mature lids or prefer smoother, more translucent pigments but the 5 couleurs are’t as well-balanced as Lancomes, so unless you’re very experienced and know how to add definition using liner and mascara, I’d pick a few colors and use these palettes as duos and trios rather than a quintet.
If you want to break the rules completely and do it like makeup artists do sometimes, NARS’ duos are pretty much on the opposite spectrum to Laura Mercier.
They do have light vs dark shades too, but there are also tons of funky clashing duos designed for maximum drama on the lids. Stuff like Rated R (lime and blue) and Bysance (yellow and violet) can still be applied using the 2 DUO diagrams above, but the final effect will be VERY bold. Probably better for the club than for school or work.
This is like alchemy what the fuck
This is a FANTASTIC tutorial, and absolutely can be used with darker or more vibrant colors.
Via Gothic Charm School: pretty things
#can we just stop and appreciate Harry’s face in this scene? #I mean, he’s literally waiting for someone to say something about Hermione’s blood status #she’s the only Muggleborn in the slug club full of purebloods and well known people #and Harry’s there just like “say something I dare you” #and if you look at her face, you can see the actual hesitation and somewhat fear of what will happen next after telling of her parents occupation #Harry truly is acting like Hermione’s big brother, which I absolutely love #i just adore this scene
I love that Neville looks genuinely interested in what hermione’s talking about.
Harry: I wish a motherfucka would talk shit right now
Say something, make my day
Nevile looks like he’s just made a private mental note in flaming red ink: WHATEVER THE HELL A DENTIST IS, DON’T MESS WITH ONE.
#this is a harry potter blog #seriously any profession that turns out a kid like hermione #must be utterly terrifying #neville finds out it involves rearranging people’s teeth with wires and drills #and drugs and scrapy knives #and is like AHA #I KNEW IT#I KNEW THEY WERE TERRIFYING #hermione granger: horrifying storm of a girl since day one #(so do the muggles have to be hunted down for that or does the government assign you targets) he asks her one day #she squints at him for a long time #’they volunteer’ she says eventually #neville shivers #muggles are HARDCORE
Including tags because oh my fucking god.
Via Geeky Girl Fitness
Eeyore is just one of those characters that you wanna scoop up and hug forever.
One awesome thing about Eeyore is that even though he is basically clinically depressed, he still gets invited to participate in adventures and shenanigans with all of his friends. And they never expect him to pretend to feel happy, they just love him anyway, and they never leave him behind or ask him to change.
And he does feel happy, though. He can be happy. He just doesn’t show it as much as the others do.
There was a whole episode about that - Piglet sees him sitting on a hilltop and thinks he’s sadder than usual, and does all he can to cheer him up. Nothing works and the next day he’s back on the hill, and Piglet apologizes because he thinks in trying to help, he just made him sad again and ”I don’t come here when I’m sad. I come up here because I’m happy.”
There’s just something about that…
Via that girl is a p r o b l e m
Steven Spielberg and George Lucas having a water gun fight on the set of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, 1984 (via This is Not Porn)
This Man States He Is A Time Traveler and Is In The Picture Of The Gettysburg Address
“Andrew D. Basiago, 10, at Gettysburg, PA, on November 19, 1863, after being sent there from 1972 by DARPA’s Project Pegasus via a “plasma confinement chamber” in East Hanover, NJ. Andy is the boy standing to the left in the foreground of the image. He is wearing the large shoes that were given to him by Gettysburg cobbler John Burns after he walked into Gettysburg barefoot and shivering in the brisk autumn air after arriving from the future. Andy says that this image was taken shortly after President Lincoln arrived on the dais to deliver the Gettysburg Address.”
He said that he was a part of a group of kids from the 60’s and 70’s that participated in this time travel. It was a DARPA project called Project Pegasus. Some form of teleportation project.
Basiago stated that the knowledge of the future was used to alert future US presidents including both of the Bush’s and Barack Obama. Basiago said that met future President Barack Obama in 1982 when he was attending UCLA and Obama, then a student at Columbia University, was visiting former classmates at Occidental College in Los Angeles. Basiago claimed that Obama, then age 20, already knew that he would one day be president.
Basiago also said that in 1972 he was rewarded for his good work at DARPA by being sent back in time via a wormhole to 1863 to witness Lincoln’s historic Gettysburg Address speech.
Harry was the favorite kid and he wasn’t even an official part of the family
Because Molly knows exactly how the Dursleys treat him. There’s no way Ron wouldn’t tell her. And Molly Weasley is a Mother. She gets a capital M because she is goddamn phenomenal at what she does. When she hears Harry Potter is on the train to Hogwarts in Book 1, her reaction isn’t to be starstruck. It’s to say “that poor dear had to come here all on his own.” Molly Weasley loves harder than anyone. She loves like it’s her sole reason for being. And when she hears there’s a poor boy who has never known love his whole life… how could she not?
#do you remember when harry asked for food in fourth year#because the poor kid wouldnt survive on the durselys new diet?#i bet you anything he only asked#’if you have just some leftovers or scraps you could give me i would appreciate it’#but molly weasley was like HELL NO#and baked him like several pies#molly weasley doesnt fuck around with her children#even if she didnt give birth to them#molly weasley for life
Everybody should have a mom like Molly Weasley.
Via Geeky Girl Fitness